Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May  27, 2013
Well it's been a good week again.  It's kind of sad to be done with this transfer, but it's exciting to begin another transfer. I'm training Sister Pitts and all I know about her is that she is a cheerleader at BYU.  All the newbies are coming on wednesday, so i have a couple more days with Sister Pace and then she's going back to Bergen and I'm staying here in Oslo.  I'm a little nervous, but looking forward to it:)

Ya, hardanger embroidery is from norway. no i don't know what it is, but i think that's one of the regions.  ya they still do it, the bunads are made from hand and crazy expensive. but really pretty.

We did the family history gatestand on saturday, it went pretty well and we got some numbers to try and get appointments with this week.  i stopped one guy and asked him if he had done family history before, he stopped and put his hand up in my face and said, "yes, i know how to do family history, i'm going to put you in hypnosis and you're going to visit your past life and find your family."  i just laughed and said, "no it's actually just a website that we use" and then he gave me his card and said we could schedule an appointment and he would help me find my family and walked away.  haha, so that didn't really go the way it was supposed to, i got a card from a fortune teller and he didn't get a card from me. 

sorry Dad, I would love to come home and help you move pipe, but not as much as I love being a missionary!:)

I love you guys! Thanks for everything! Thanks for being the best family ever!

Love, Søster Knapp


 

No comments:

Post a Comment