Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dear Familie!
Happy Valentines Day! For me it's more like happy single awareness day, which is Awesome!!
Wow it sounds like you all have been pretty sick. It hasn't been too bad here, a couple of my roommates have been sick, but no one has had the flu. I hope you all get better soon.
That's impressive that you can understand that much spanish mom. You should go on a mission and they'd send you to South America or Spain or some cool place like that. Kim is here now and I see her all the time. She's roommates with the Swedish sisters in my branch. Also Greg is her teacher, isn't that crazy? also really cool.
We started teaching another investigator this week, and we had TRC for the first time. We were a little nervous because with TRC we're teaching people that are already members and they're not pretending to be an investigator, they're just being themselves and we have to teach them. So the first guy we taught was a return missionary that served in norway, but when he started talking it did not sound like norwegian. somehow we caught the gist of it and we had a really good teach with him. we found out after that he really wasn't speaking the same language, he was speaking nynorsk, and we learn bokmal. so they're kind of the same, but a lot different. We had to teach two people, and the next one was so funny. She was an older lady who served her mission in norway about 18 years ago and had forgotten most of it, so she was closer to our level, but her pronunciation was horrible. So we were trying to teach her a lesson, but she was so excited to be talking to sister missionaries and just wanted to know all about us, where we were from, about our families, everything. So my companion shows her a picture of her family and says "Jeg vet at min familie er fra Gud". (I know that my family is from God) and the lady gets this super excited and surprised look on her face and says "Nei!!!!" (nooo!) and we both just looked at her with confusion for a minute. And my companion repeated "fra Gud? God?" And she said " ohhh i thought you said they were from a different country." haha it boosted our self confidence a lot that we knew more norwegian than she did. She was the sweetest lady though, and so excited for us.
Everythings going really good, I still love the MTC, but I can't wait to get to Norway! I'm halfway done! Hey mom have you been putting stuff on the blog? I'm excited to get some pictures and some socks! Thanks so much!
Jeg elsker dere, Soster Knapp



No comments:

Post a Comment